iPod Touch home button not responding

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JRock3x8, Jul 7, 2009.

1. JRock3x8

JRock3x8 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    All,

First of all, this website is a great resource for all ipod touch owners. Thanks to the mods and power users for putting in the time and energy to make it a great place.

Now, I need some help. My ipod touch's home button has stopped responding. By that I mean, you push it, you feel it click, but nothing on the screen happens. I read someone's comments that all you have to do is reset the device and I've done that and it seems to help for about one use but then the button goes back to basically being dead.

This is a real pain because now I can't switch between apps.

I'm fairly certain my use may be to blame as the unit has fallen on the floor of my car several times which is kind of where the issue started.

I was under the impression that my warranty was only 90 days, but then I saw this graphic on the website which confused me :

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, do I have a year to get this thing fixed or am I out of warranty? I bought it last Thanksgiving?

What's my best course of action at this point?

Thanks much in advance!!
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you have one year. The second bar means that out of your 1 year warranty there is a period of 90 days that includes phone support
  3. JRock3x8

JRock3x8 New Member

Device:
    iPad

which means I should go ahead and ask them to fix it?
  4. Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If its jailbroken then do a restore with official Apple Firmware and bring it into an Apple Store and they should be able to switch it out for a new one if it is indeed still in warranty or atleast point you in the right direction to get it fixed.
  5. JRock3x8

JRock3x8 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    thanks for the tip - i work reasonably close to the michigan ave store. I'll drive over there after work and see if I can get someone to look at. Knowing my luck it will behave just perfectly and they'll look at me like "what's the problem again?"

Please Register or Log in to view images

the website says you need an appointment but i'm not 100% sure I can even park over there, so we'll see how it goes...
  6. curtlow1979

curtlow1979 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same thing happened to mine within a month after purchase. Took it back to bestbuy and replaced it on the spot.