ipod touch Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by x-45, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x-45

x-45 New Member

I was wondering can you guys help me about buying an ipod touch.I am a noob i just want to know which ipod(2g or 3g) can be easily jailbroken on windows & what firmwire will be best for jailbraking & how to upgrade or downgrade firmwire.

any kind of help will be greatly aprreciated.

thank you.
  2. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you are going to buy new ipod from Apple you will be only able to buy 3g with 3.1.3 firmware which cannot be jailbroken atm.
    But should be become in the end of this month.
    And you cannot downgrade new 3g ipod.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Half Correct.

Are you looking for a 8gb,32 or 64gb?

The 8gb can be downgraded to 3.1.2 and then be jailbroken.

You can still be an 2gen from Apple. But be refurbished
  4. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why would someone buy ipod 2g or "3g" 8 gb now?
    It has low processor and low RAM it doesnt support new features and 4g ipod is going to come soon.
    It is much better to buy 3g and wait a little bit...
  5. x-45

x-45 New Member

well thanx 4 ur replies bt is it sure that 3.1.3 will be sucessfully jailbroken ?& wt abt upcomming OS 4 ?wt features does it has?
  6. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No one can be sure... But we got promisses from from JBkers (i got 3.1.3 either so we are in the same boat).
    Regarding 4.0: i am using it now on my ipod (but always ready to come back to 3.1.3). It is prety stable as for first beta. You can read about its features on this forum.
    Here you can also read about 4.0 features which will not be working on ipod touch 2g.
  7. x-45

x-45 New Member

so u suggest me 2 go for 3g ipod touch?evn if it cannot be jailbroken?
  8. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well,
    Buying ipod touch 2g now is the same as buying windows 2000 now, when Windows 7 is everywhere.
    Why woudl you need 500 Mhz processor (correct me if i am wrong) instead of 800Mhz, 128 Mb ram instead of 256MB, Older version of OpenGL with worse graphics, unability to use full 4.0 features?
  9. x-45

x-45 New Member

ur very much right!but what truoubles me is tat if it cant be jailbroken?can it be temporaily jailbroken i mean jailbreak it everytime i restart?
  10. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nope m8. The thing you mentioned called tethered jailbreak and you can only use it for 3.1.2 firmware, but you cannot buy new ipod with 3.1.2 firmware.
    But hackers promissed to release JB in the end of April (they got it 1 month already ,just not releasing it not to let apple patch the hole).
    So you can wait for a week or two (i dont think it is too much to wait as i am waiting for 2 month already) and we will get our ipods jailbroken.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    P.S. new jailbreak will be untethered so you will not be required to rejailbreak it once again if you shutdown your ipod.
    P.S.S. Anyway uf you buy 3g you will not be left without jaibreak as hackers have already jailbroken even 4.0 firmware (just not releasing it yet for the same reason).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.