iPod Touch Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kiiroi, Jan 14, 2008.

1. kiiroi

kiiroi New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Hey all, first off let me say I got an iPod touch running on Jailbroken 1.1.2. My problem here is that every time I just press the power button to turn off the screen or whatever it's called (press the button once and leave the iPod on hibernate, not fully turning it off), well every time I do that and leave my iPod alone for about 2-3 hours, I try turning my iPod back on again, but every time I do so it doesn't turn on, and the only way to revive it is I would have to plug my iPod into my computer and iTunes will always tell me I have to restore it, but I didn't want to restore it so I keep plugging my iPod in and out until I see a white screen on my iPod, then after that I hold the power button, and the white screen disappear. Then I turn back on my iPod and the apple logo appears...my question is how come this always happens to me whenever I just leave my iPod on standby mode? Does this problem happen to anyone else? Is this a common problem?

P.S. Sorry for my explanation for whoever did not understand me.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Did this happen pre-jailbreak? If so, it is likely a hardware problem, and you should return it. It might be a faulty battery.

If it didn't start happening before the jailbreak, you probably did something wrong.