ipod touch help needed pretty please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kerri77, Oct 9, 2008.

1. kerri77

kerri77 New Member

hi everyone,, i am prettu new to ipod touch world,, can ne 1 help me please firstly...

1... when i download music from limewire,,, i used to add file to library and sync then it was there,, i cant do this now,, i dont kno what the hell. someone mentioned drag folder,,, but i am ashamed to say,,, i need things explaini ng really simply as i am a techno virgin lol!!! so thats my first question

2.... when i turn on ipod then go to certain things like songs artists,, usually to get to main menu i press button at bottom of ipod,, but it doesnt do anything,, it just stays on the screen that i dont want to be on!!,, so i turn off and on,, hey presto still on the screen,, how do i fix this to get to main menu!!

arggghhh can anyone help a mum who is distressed cos her daughter wont stop moaning!!!
  2. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    firstly, just go to the folder where the downloaded songs are, then put the cursor over the song, click, and drag it into itunes ,holding the mouse button the whole time

second, try a restore, and if that doesnt work, your button could be broken, and you can take it to apple for repairs as long as you bought it less than a year ago
  3. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    First off, stealing music is terrible. Especially if you use a cavemen-like method like Limewire.

1)Open up itunes and on the left you'll see your device(Ipod or iPhone). Now find where your music is located, if it's all in one folder then it will make life easier. Just click on the folder and hold the button and drag it to iTunes and put the pointer over the device and let go of the mouse. You will notice on the ipod that it's syncing.

2)I don't understand what you're saying. The button at the bottom(Home Button) is not working? All that button is supposed to do is take you to the Ipod's main screen and nothing else.
  4. kerri77

kerri77 New Member

hi many thanks for replies so far... The button at bottom when pressed wont take me back to main screen...
  5. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I never had that problem. Try a a restore through iTunes.
  6. kerri77

kerri77 New Member

SORRY TO SOUND THICK BUT HOW EXACTLY DO I DO THIS I REALLY NEED IT EXPLAINING AS I DONT USUALLY DO STUFF LIKE THIS,, HUBBY IS USELESS,

Please Register or Log in to view images

AND DAUGHTER DRIVING ME MAD,,, WILL I LOSE EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE ON THE IPOD IF I DO THAT ALL THE STUFF I HAVE PAID FOR ON ITUNES ALSO

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    if its on your computer in the itunes, you wont lose it.
    and you can redownload all the songs for free, or recover them off the ipod meesa thinking
  8. kerri77

kerri77 New Member

thanks for the reply,,, so u think restoring will fix my button,, that does not appear to take me to home page..... secondly how exactly do i restore i really am that thick lol
  9. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    plug it into the computer and when itunes comes up your ipod ill be on the left about an inch or so below the itunes store and downloads buttons, i think
    it should be under connected devices

then you just go to restore, which is the second button in the middle section of the page that comes up