iPod Touch Help? Bricked? Broken? WTF??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robot343, Oct 15, 2010.

1. robot343

robot343 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so my friend gave me his ipod to jailbreak, and since its 4.1 i was gonna downgrade it to 4.0. I used tiny umbrella, and forgot to put it into dfu mode. Now, it says its in recovery mode, ut you can still see the battery in the top right corner. Ive tried restoring, ive tried dfu mode again and downgrading, ive tried holding the home+power thing a million times. HELP PLZZZ! what else can i do to fix it?

Also, when i hold power the slide to power off comes up, and when i turn it on on the top middle it has a locked lock and it shows the time like when your ipod is in the lock screen? soo confused!
  2. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Unless he saved his shsh then downgrading to 4.0 isn't going to work. If its in recovery mode then use tiny umbrella to kick it out. Tell us the errors itunes is giving you when you try to restore.
  3. nahtanoj

nahtanoj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When I was trying (still am trying) to jb my 2g itouch on 4.1 (mc) sometimes itd get stuck like that. I really didnt deal with your exact situation ,but with mine it was either stuck black screen in dfu or the connect to itunes screen with a battery icon in the top right. For dfu I just hold the lock button for awhile since Im dealing with a broken home button, connect to itunes I was able to restore and go from a backup. Have you tried, unplugging turning off then plugging back into restore? Cant think of much else to rccomend other than try another computer. Goodluck