ipod touch has full internet bars but still safari says "not connected to internet"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by typefrfun, Jan 18, 2010.

1. typefrfun

typefrfun New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    today i wanted to use my ipods safari so i checked to see if i was connected, and i had full bars, so i went on safari googled somthing and it tells me my ipod touch is not connected to internet however i still see 3 full bars on the top of my screen. i need to fix this as soon as possible and if this is a dns error how can i fix it. thanks for your help
  2. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go into Settings and clear all the Safari History, Cache etc
  3. triniboiny20

triniboiny20 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not sure what your setup is, but sometimes I'll kick the cord out of my cable modem, or hit the standby button on accident but the router will be working fine. So I'll get full bars but no internet. Maybe you're having the same problem?
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that wifi is probally not internet, probally a printer network, i hate hpsetup lol
  5. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    OMG me too!

everywhere i go out in public theres always "hpsteup" networks that I can connect to, but safari always says its not connected to the interwebz
  6. iPod-eee

iPod-eee New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i sometimes have it when i just start up my internet router. it has something to do with the DNS not loading.

and the bars are only signal strength, not if you are connected to the internet.
  7. imJames

imJames New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    BADD! its so annoying. and @typefrfun, that is most likely your problem. if your connected to your own home network, disconnect the ac adapters from the back of your modem/router, and then plug them back in. that usually does it for me.