iPod Touch gradually degrading

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by thenthenio, Jul 15, 2009.

1. thenthenio

thenthenio New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everybody.
    I have an iPod Touch 2G with firmware 2.2.1 (Jailbroken).
    At the beginning everything was ok.
    Few weeks ago it started not getting the DNS (SSH to it was ok but it was unable to surf the net), every 2 days I had to reset the WIFI connection (clearing and inserting connection data again and again), all other wireless PCs were working properly.
    Then all non standard and non Cydia or Installer applications started crashing (exiting without any message), Safari continues working Vlc still works but for example Dice exits just after starting and this way all others. I tried, with iTunes, to remove all the apps and install them again, I tried holding power and home buttons to reset and reinstall them again but after reinstalling all the reinstalled apps exit with a pop-up notification saying (in Italian) something like "Impossible to open the application 'Dice'".
    Today it's even worse, running Safari it asks to select the WIFI network (as it was never set before) and then it asks for the WEP key.
    To summarize:
    1. WIFI network connection works but iPod doesn't get the DNS adresses.
    2. 3rd party apps crashing.
    3. Reinstalling 3rd party apps is like a fake they seem not to install at all.
    4. WIFI looses connection data.
    What would happen next?
    Looks like a Windows computer which degrades time by teme and then is absolutely unusable, you need to reinstall the OS.
    Ok, should I do the same? reinstall the firmware?
    What should I do to try to recover?
    If yes, is there a suggested recover procedure to follow for a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G?

Many many thanks if you could help.
    Mauro
  2. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Upgrade to 3.0, using the restore method.
  3. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    DFU + Upgrade to 3.0 + Rejailbreak. Be sure to back up anything you might need.
  4. edgar-ny

edgar-ny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You should do a complete restore.
    You should try to recover your music, photos, videos by using a ipod backup tool(Google)