iPod touch going into safe mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hi908, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Hi908

Hi908 New Member

I have a jailbroken 1gen 8gb ipod touch. When I resprung using bossprefs it gave a message saying that the springboard process had been unexpectedlyterminated and that it wouldrun in safe mode. And then, there was a greybackground with all the normal apps but instead of the time at the top, it said safe mode. Any ideaswhy? Icant find anything about this on google
  2. 1337noob

1337noob New Member

This happened to me when I had pocket tunes and stacks installed wrong. I had accidentally removed pocket tunes without removing it from my stack, so whe nI tried to remove it from my stack, it would boot into safe mode. I fixed it by uninstalling stacks, re installing pocket tunes, re installing stacks, removing it from my stack, then uninstalling stacks.
  3. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that happened to me just like a week ago. my friend was using it and it was in his pocket. i asked for it and when he gave it to me it said that it was in safe mode!

i was like WTF! What did you do?! he said it wasnt like that when he put it into his pocket but he probably did it and got scared so went into denial.

i just restarted it and it was fine.

all of my winterboard and customize things were gone. that is, i had a four icon dock and no wallpaper and no theamed icons.

it was scary but not perminant.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Its a failsafe utility created by saurik (maker of Cydia, WinterBoard, 5 icon dock, MobileSubstrate, Cycorder, MobileFinder, etc) case SpringBoard crashes. If code is still being run on SpringBoard while it crashes, then you'd get an SWOD.

Be happy you're so lucky to have saurik
  5. Hi908

Hi908 New Member

t hat makes sense now ... I do haveboth pockettouch and stacks, and ithappened after I hid the pockettouch icon
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Stacks is usually a bit of a problem maker, but it's all run through MobileSubstrate, so no real problems can come from it.
  7. dumbnameiknow

dumbnameiknow New Member

Helpful...

It really helps if you remove the last installed item before it went into safe mode. this happened to me when i tried to install LockDockBar.
  8. luphy

luphy New Member

Same thing happened to me. I didnt hesitate i just restored it

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Challe

Challe New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, I just installed lockdockbar and my ipod doesn't work so I searched the forum of lockdockbar and got to this page. That's the story of how I'm bringing this thread back from the dead.
    Good to hear that I won't have to restore my ipod, but then again, I'm having SWOD on the pineapple logo while booting. Maybe this will force me into updating to 2.2. Aah -blam!- getting Wiki2touch in is a real project, takes forever! Yepp, I've been staring at the SWOD for well over 5min now. Looks like I'll have to restor. let that be a lesson for you - don't install lockdockbar on an ipod touch.
  10. blackforest

blackforest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I totally agree with you guys. Don't install lockdockbar. It gave me problems too.

BTW what's SWOD?