iPod Touch going crazy (screen problems and more)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fcbfan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. fcbfan

fcbfan New Member

Hello,

I have quite a big problem with my iPod Touch. The screen lights up like crazy without touching it, and he also wants to shut down when I don't ask for that or push the button.
    I really can't do anything anymore with it, because the iPod wants to shut down himself constantly and the screen lights up the whole day.

I had the same problem about 4 months ago, but after a week it stopped, and it was back to normal. A few weeks ago, it started again but it seems it doesn't want to stop anymore now...

I am trying to find a pattern in it because sometimes it is flashing more than other times. I am now trying to figure out if it happens especially when the battery is low. But even if that is the case, this may not happen.

Hope someone has a solution or had the same problem and can help me(because i don't find anything like this on internet).

(as far as i know, i updated everything to the newest version available)

I made a little video of it; this is the link. Espacially in the end, the screen lights up like crazy again and again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGNKMdPA_k
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It looks like the hold and home buttons are going haywire. Because the hold button thinks it's being held down. And then the home button will sometimes jump in there. Cause those flashes looks like screen caps to me. How to fix it? I don't know, but I would suggest letting it fully die and then do a full charge.
  3. fcbfan

fcbfan New Member

That sounds reasonable what you say, i never thought about that.

I already did that a few times, but it doesn't help. I now think about resetting my iPod completely, but i don't know how i have to do that.
    And when i do that, will the music and the apps stay in iTunes so i can put them on after resetting, or do i have to download everything again?

And if it's not fixed then, i think i will make an appointment in the applestore.
  4. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you reset, you can re-sync all stuff in itunes back onto the ipod.
  5. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried restoring?
  6. fcbfan

fcbfan New Member

@ pyromatic: OK, thanks!

@ jug: i know it probably sounds stupid, but what is the difference between restoring and resetting, and which one is the best to do in this case?
    (i am from belgium, so i don't always understand everything

Please Register or Log in to view images

, i hope you can understand what i mean, because my english probably isn't good)
  7. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Before you restore and re-sync, can you check how many pictures your iPod has taken? At first in the video, i thought it was a fake and just a video on your iPod.. But it looks more serious. If the iPod doesn't work after you do a clean restore, then you 'ought to bring it to apple!
  8. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I'd just restore it. Put the iPod in recovery mode and connect to iTunes to restore it.
  9. fcbfan

fcbfan New Member

How do you mean? I have no camera on my iPod.

No, it certainly isn't fake. I even already went to an applestore yesterday, but i didn't know i had to make an appointment...and now i am with vacation.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, i will try that when i am at home again.
    Thanks for all the help!
  10. fcbfan

fcbfan New Member

@Bl1tzkrieg again: after some time i understood what you said, and i went looking to my pictures...my iPod almost took 2000 pictures (in fact screenshots) :s. It's also the noise it makes, when the screen lights up, like it is taking a picture.
    So do i still have to try restoring it, or is there a different solution for this now?