Ipod Touch Gen 1 Restore Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by imafrustrated, May 9, 2009.

1. imafrustrated

imafrustrated New Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

First up, I have looked around and search the forum and google too. Some people have talked about this problem but never post whether restoring fixes the problem. Also no other solutions seem to have appeared on the forum or google for that matter.

This is my first post so please be kind

Please Register or Log in to view images

If I have overlooked a solution to this problem please kindly point me in that direction.

Background to my problem:

My device was pretty much stuffed and got stuck on the apple logo when I turned it on. So I have been trying to restore it since. I put in in DFU mode and the "connected to usb" picture came up on the device. In iTunes (v8.1), when I clicked on restore, it checked for the latest ipod software (2.2.1)and downloaded it. Then automatically extracted and did it's thing.

The problem I have now is that my ipod touch is stuck in the "waiting for ipod" point during restore process. It's been like that since. So I unplugged the device and redid the whole procedure (several times).

It seems that the progress bar on the ipod touch itself is completed and then appears to be stuck at that point and has not done anything else.

I am using windows XP SP3.

As far as I know, people have mentioned trying restore and putting the device in DFU mode as well as ensuring that everything is up to date.

Everything is up to date and I have tried restore and put the device in DFU mode to restore as well.

Also the other thing I wanted to ask was whether it is possible to install the latest OS (2.2.1) on the ipod touch Gen 1, as I haven't actually paid for the version 2 OS. As far as I understand, you have to pay $9.95 for the version 2 OS for the Gen 1 ipod touch. It seemed to me that the iTunes software just found the lastest OS and tried to install it. Is this supposed to happen? or am I doing something wrong?

That's basically all I have to ask. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give you guys and gals all the info I had on my problem. I really hope someone can help.

Finally, thanking you in advance for reading my post and also thanking those who post in reply.

2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well what I'm going to say as I do to most restore problems, go to your nearest Apple store and explain to them what your problem is.
  3. imafrustrated

imafrustrated New Member

I would have done that as soon as the problem arose, but where I live, it's a little problematic for me. That's why I've been searching the web for more info.

I was really hoping that some one on the forum could help me out.

Is there really no help with this problem? Has no one encountered this before?

Thanks again for those who reply.

------------------double post merged------------------
    Basically as noted in my title.

Is it possible to have this thread moved to the subforum I so stupidly missed.

The "iPod touch Tech Help" forum. Don't know if it would be anymore helpful there.

I'll repost there, and if it is possible to move it, could you kindly merge them.

Thanks.