ipod touch game creations... jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by fletcher1313, Oct 2, 2007.

1. fletcher1313

fletcher1313 New Member

just woundering what jailbreak is and does

also can you create your own games in some sort of program for your ipot?
  2. jammy2049

jammy2049 New Member

Jailbreak 'was' a method of getting 3rd party apps/games (i.e. user created, as opposed to Apple (1st party) created) onto the iPhone when launched with the 1.0.2 (as i understand). However, with the recent 1.1.1 update for the iPhone, it has locked out this method. Jailbreak also let you customise the device by changing the icons/background etc.

The hope is that they will figure out another way, and therefore can attempt to utilize the iPod Touch also since the device runs a very similar (if not the exact same) OS
  3. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    just think about it like this- how would you like to do stuff like play a gameboy game or be able to use iphone apps like notepad? With jailbreak one will be able to do cool stuff like that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Frost71

Frost71 New Member

Man that would be nice. I can't believe Apple removed notes and crippled the calendar. I'd really like to be able to download games like bejeweled, suduko, and others onto the Touch. I know they're available WiFi but there aren't many hotspots where I live.
  5. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

LOL wat. does everyone have against the callender┬┐
  6. joshq00

joshq00 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sucks you can't add appointments as they come up, you have to go home and add them
  7. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To make things worse, you'd actually have to use Outlook to do it... I haven't found a way to add appointments off iCal sources such as Google Calendar on my Windows system yet. The iTunes program only allow me to choose sync from Outlook and nothing else...

Oh, btw, first post, hi.