Ipod Touch Frozen (Jailbroken 2.2)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dude59, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Dude59

Dude59 New Member

I jailbroke my Ipod touch 2.2, I use Itunes 8.0.2.20. My Ipod is totally frozen with the picture of the pineapple...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I try all the solutions and anyone works. So I waited that the power of my Itouch was down for after plug to the computer, turn on the Ipod and try to restore but that still don't work and I don't really imagine go to walmart with my pineapple

2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Restore:

How to restore iPod

1. Ensure that you have an active Internet connection as new versions of iTunes and iPod Software may need to be downloaded to your computer.

2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes if you do not already have it installed.

3. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with your iPod.

4. After a few moments, your iPod will appear in the Source panel in iTunes.

5. Select your iPod in the Source panel and you will see information about your iPod appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes windows.

6. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:

* Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.

* Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.

* Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software available.

* Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software available.

8. If you are using a Mac, a message will appear prompting you to enter an administrator’s name and password.

9. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will present one of two messages on screen with instructions specific to the iPod model you are restoring.

* Restore Instruction 1: Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).

* Restore Instruction 2: Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies newer iPod models).

11. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.

12. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.

Or DFU it...
    1. Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo

2. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)

3. After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)

4. After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.

5. Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.

6. iTunes has to download the new firmware, and it takes a while, so go make a sandwich.
  3. Dude59

Dude59 New Member

Thank you for your answer but I still get a problem:
    First my ipod doesn't turn off when I keep holding the power and Home Bottons.
    Second I can heard the "ding dong" of windows and the "ti di" of the Ipod but the Ipod connect and disconnect for whatever reason ( I think that because I often heard the "ti di" of the Ipod). So Itunes extract the software for prepare to restore but when it's time to restore Itunes tell me that the Ipod touch is unplug... But Itunes still show the Ipod touch...

PS: I forgot to say that I use the Ipod touch 1g

Thanks
  4. slamdunksaliby

slamdunksaliby Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    hold the home button while plugging it in.. then restore
  5. Dude59

Dude59 New Member

I have to restore with the home botton holding?
  6. dementionX

dementionX New Member

I have the same issue. Except mine won't even register on my mac. Instead I get the damn pineapple that will occasionally flash for a second and still be in the middle. Is my iPod Touch FUBAR?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    FIXED IT! I force-restored it

For those who don't know

normal reset, (home and power buttons), and when the logo appears, keep holding the home button. For some reason I got a cartoon of Steve Jobs with a talking bubble in Cyrillic..... I don't care it f'ing works finally!
  7. jgonzales88

jgonzales88 New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    crack apps wont load on a new restore ipod

please help
  8. Moose_

Moose_ New Member

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it is against the forum policies to help anyone load or run cracked applications.
  9. Markied66

Markied66 New Member

I have posted with the same problem but I aint sure if people are understanding me.
    The apple logo appears on the screen but NO connection is registered between the PC and the touch.
    I have tried every button combo with out any luck
    I have the first "well and Truly BRICKED i-pod"