Ipod touch frozen at Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dudeman09, Jan 22, 2008.

1. dudeman09

dudeman09 New Member

i have a problem. my ipod touch is frozen at the apple logo. all i did was reboot it and it happend. i had the new installer version on firmwhere 1.1.1 if that helps. it keeps swicthing from apple logo to low battery. it dosent allow me to do anything. if anyone knows how to fix this i would be very appreciative.
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

maybe your ipod battery is low, so first plug it in
    then hold the sleep and home buttons until the apple symbol comes up then let go

that should do it
  3. dudeman09

dudeman09 New Member

ive tryed that still nothing. just stays at apple logo
  4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

how long did you hold it?
    I would try doing that a couple more time (maybe even like 5 times, because I have had to do it multiple times with my ipod before)

if that doesn't work you may have to restore
  5. dudeman09

dudeman09 New Member

itunes isnt reading the ipod so i wouldnt know how to restore
  6. mvar

mvar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The problem you are experiencing is common with most apple products. The result is do to the type and style of battery being used.

First, the battery has terrible performance in cold weather(less than 50 degrees).

Second, The battery has poor internal resistance-can not displace instant high demand current draw. The high instant draw of current occurs when the hard drive has to start-up, and the apple device has to wake-up from sleep.

lastly, as the battery depletes in capacity(charged). The internal resistance of the battery increases, so when the battery is low in capacity and cold. The unit will lock-up until the unit goes back to sleep, so it can be attempted again.

What is a mortal person to do to remedy the problem?

Before using your apple device, and you find the unit is cold-because it was left in your car. Put the device under the Arm Pit-the most practical hottest portion of your body, the crotch area would work but to impractical.

To keep your battery healthy, charge and connect to the computer when you need to do it. Coordinate connecting to the computer when you need to charge your device; consequently, this is the grand problem everyone experiences with any rechargeable device. Basically the amount charge cycles is reduced because the device was plugged-in for one to sixty minutes. Wait until you get the low battery message to charge the device, and then let the device fully charge with out any kind of power interruption-this includes car cigarette adapters when the car is turned off. This applies to cell phones, laptops, etc...

Hope this helps you out, I do this to Ipod daily-putting in my arm pit before(few minutes) I go to work-I do it between my shirt, not bare skin, and before I turn it on.
    My ipod stays in my car, and the garage gets 30 to 40 degrees F. The colder it is, worst the battery performance will be experienced.

My background, I work on environmental equipment for government and private industries. This is the same problem I run into with the new lithium-ion, lithium-polymer cells, but the lithium-nano cells offer better performance.
    These nano cells will not come into play into consumer products in the coming years. The Nano type cells are used by the 36v Dewalt lithium portable tools and goggle uses the cell in the electric car they are coming out with in 2009.

Martin
  7. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    woah i completely missed this post.
    i have the same problem except my battery isnt low, its just stuck at the loading screen. i can get to it through sftp though
  8. elloko69

elloko69 New Member

Having trouble

Im having trouble wen i turn on my ipod touch it stays frozen at the apple logo screen and it wont go away i tried charging it the turning it on but still wont work can sum 1 please help?
  9. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Use the first link my signature, it help you restore.

You messed something up on your iPod, don't do it again.
  10. jvanrave

jvanrave New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    plz help

zombiekiller i believe your post will help me but i dont understand what you are trying to say... What link are you takling about?