Ipod Touch Freezing on Boot Logo

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kitt0012, Jun 30, 2009.

1. kitt0012

kitt0012 New Member

Hello,
    First things first dont critizise me if I posted this in the wrong.......um, thing.
    I have been having a problem with my ipod were it just seemed to have turned off and when I turned it back on it went to the boot logo and stayed there. I tryed to put it into DFU/recovery mode but nothing happens except that it turns of for like 2 seconds and then turns back on. On the boot logo. It is really annoying!
    Because when I plug it in to my computer nothing appears on iTunes and when I run diagnostics it says that the ipod isn't connected.

PLEASE HELP because I don't have a clue what to do. I am worried that it may somehow be...................................................bricked

P.S. It is a 2g jailbroken ipod touch with the 3.0 update that I bought off iTunes.
    PLZ HELP
  2. WaLLacE

WaLLacE New Member

Make sure your iPod is plugged in then try to put it into DFU:

If your iPod is on hold the home and power buttons until the iPod shuts off, then continue to hold it for another 2-3 seconds. (If the apple logo shows up try again)
    Then let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button until iTunes recognizes your iPod in recovery mode.
    Now just restore the ipod and jailbreak it again if you would like.
  3. hcemc

hcemc New Member

Thanks, WaLLacE.

I had similar problem... I was downloading xgps when it crashed.
  4. Ogonzo

Ogonzo New Member

I had the same problem, I had had to reinstall original 3.0 firmware and tried jb several times with a combination of Redsn0w 0.7.1 and 0.7.2.. I'm not sure what I did, or what happened, but it finally worked using a clean version of 3.0 and Redsn0w 0.7.1.

Also, try to avoid using Cydia apps that are not 3.0 compatible, this might cause issues at boot.
  5. eg0tism

eg0tism New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It was because you pressed 'Respring' on SBSettings 3.0-1
    Happened to me.
  6. yianni95

yianni95 New Member

This happened to me, where my iPhone was completely stuck on the boot logo.

When you plug it in to a usb cable, does it vibrate twice in sets of four and then reboot?

When it happened to me, I just left it connected for about an hour until it finally found it in iTunes and then got it into DFU mode and restored.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Most cydia apps now say if they are compatible with 3.0 firmware.

When you go to install a 3.0 non-compatible app, it won't let you.