Ipod Touch Freezes Itunes! FTW!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Snooze, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Ipod Touch Freezes Itunes! DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!

Dear Fans of the iPod Touch,

It seems as though i have a pretty sad dilemma to deal with. I recently jailbroke my ipod touch using the new touchfree 0.6 method. After everything finished and i started itunes, it froze immediately and didnt respond no matter what i did. I un/re-installed itunes 4-5 times and restored my ipod touch twice that amount.

Listed Methods I Tried Already:

1) Stopping AppleMobileDevice and restarting it through services
    1a) When stopped itunes starts but doesnt recognize my ipod

2) Un/Re-installing iTunes and AppleMobileDevice through Control Panel Add/Remove

3) Closing all Ipod Services and anything Apple related in TaskManager.
    3a) I deleted (C:/program files/common files/Apple
    3b) had to run to my lil sisters laptop and beg for missing files (embarrassing)

4) Restore iPod Touch by forcing it into "Restore Mode" and iTunes "MAGICALLY UNFREEZES" and allows it to restore. Upon completing this process, it just return to it's frozen state....killing all false hope it gave me to begin with...
    4a) I cried a little at that part...

Extra Info: Things I Have.
    • Windows XP Service Pack 2
    • .Net Framework 3.0 (not sure if it's necessary)
    • iTunes version 7.4.3
    • iPod Touch version 1.1.1

Last Notes:
    Please help me, if you check, i posted a response to a thread where a person was having the same problem but i figured it out. I told myself to post the solution but i had to get to class, by the time i got home, i completely forgot. Can someone please help me, i try to help others as often as possible and not be a newb as often as possible.
  2. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Can anyone please help me...
  3. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try restoring it again, then attempt to use itunes on a different computer and see if the same happens.
  4. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Thanks for the reply complexis,
    Im trying it now...
    be back in 15 minutes
  5. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Instant-Freeze
    Locks up immediately. It's worse than the other computer.
  6. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

when you use touchfree where there any Apple Apps running? you have to make sure they are all closed when you are jailbreaking by using Taskmanager and going to the Processes tab and ending all iTunes/Apple Apps
  7. Snooze

Snooze New Member

I did, I made sure that everything closed properly but im not interested in JailBreaking, I just want to sync my music back over like a regular apple user.
  8. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

so you're ipod touch isnt jailbroken and it still freezes up with iTunes? snap. im gonna do some research. i will reply if i find anything. once again try restoring.
  9. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Thank you so much for your efforts, i really appreciate it. I'm just so lost right now. And yea, i'll definently restore it again (10 more times...just to be safe).
  10. arvinalove

arvinalove New Member

"Check to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. Also check the minimum requirements for the iPod. It may not be compatible with your computer. Also make sure your version of Windows is completely updated. You can always visit an Apple Store and talk to one of their Geniuses. They don't call 'em that for nothing!"

Got this from yahoo answers. Read through to see if you meet the standards.

I also read that your iTouch may be syncing because you have so much songs/videos in your library causing your whole computer to lag. have you tried manually adding songs or waiting to see if your ipod every finishes? if not, you may want to try.