Ipod touch flip question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lewisking, Nov 29, 2007.

1. lewisking

lewisking New Member

Hey guys,
    You know when you turn the touch, the image flips, mine only works if it is partly upright or vertical. Is this a bug? Like I cannot put it on a table and flip it, it does not work. I just want to know if this is a bug or normal so I can choose to send back to apple.

Thanks,
    Lewis
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it is not a bug, if I understand your question properly. The accelerometer needs to detect the movement and if it is too sensitive then it would be annoying. So it has to make sure you are defenetly turning the ipot, and in order to do that it needs more than just a slight change in accelerometer's values.

Hope makes sense
    posted from my touch.
  3. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Yeah, the accelerometer doesn't work on the xy-plane.
  4. chopshop

chopshop New Member

Exactly... It will always try to point down to the ground. When it's flat on the table the ground is straight through it so it has no Idea what way it is oriented. We're lucky they made it smart enough to stick with the state it was in before being layed flat. Otherwise we'd be pretty dizzy.
  5. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, that's not a bug at all, i mean, think about it because you're supposed to be able to use it while flat on a table or other surface...
  6. JosephQuest

JosephQuest New Member

I sense sarcasm. It's not really a big deal. Because if for some reason you want to use it on a flat surface, all you need to do is flip it up and then set it back down on the table and it will stay in the vertical or horizontal view you wanted.
  7. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Actually I was not being sarcastic at all... You ARE supposed to be able to keep the current screen rotation the way it is when you set it down...
  8. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

lol how would it know which way u were oriented if it were flat? if u spin around it while its on a table it wont rotate with u... same concept when u set it down and just rotate it flat... its based on gravity
  9. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

lol ya man you cracked the case. how the hell is the ipod going to know which direction you are facing when you turn it 90 degrees? That would have to be called the psiChic Touch.
  10. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @imadhdpositive + wallolo66: If you guys are talking to me I REALLY don't get what you mean. I think you heard me the wrong way.... Because you don't make any sense. "I cracked the case" good one pff

I really do not understand what you guys think i said but.... let me know.