Ipod touch first gen DFU, itunes won't restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tehpwn4ger, Nov 15, 2010.

1. tehpwn4ger

tehpwn4ger New Member

Alright, basically what happened was I was at a friend's and my buddy was messing with my ipod, he put it in his jacket inside pocket. He was carrying some beer in a bag for a buddy and one of them somehow leaked into the bag and he didn't realize it and went to put the bag in his jacket and somehow got a small amount of beer on my ipod. I wiped it off and made sure it didn't get in the power connector or anything and I didn't notice where it had. At this point the ipod wouldn't turn on at all, so he was messing with it trying to get it to turn on and some how got it into DFU mode and now it is stuck in DFU. When I plug it into the computer it isn't initially detected but I can press the power and home buttons and itunes pops up saying it needs to be restored blah blah, and I try to use 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 by holding shift and clicking restore with no luck. I tried iReb and it gets to waiting for ibss and nothing happens. I am about to pull my hair out unless someone can tell me how to fix this.

BTW, if you help me I will give you cyber cookies :D

TL;DR?

Ipod is stuck in DFU, itunes won't restore (freezes at preparing ipod for recovery) and every other app I have tried does nothing.
  2. PsxHax

PsxHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Possibly the beer has killed your ipod already, or else it should have restored
  3. tehpwn4ger

tehpwn4ger New Member

please don't say that lol. I really hope not, I would hate to have a $125 paperweight. If it helps, I get error 1600 1601 or 1602 when I try to restore it in itunes usually.
  4. Courtney Love

Courtney Love New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The same thing happened to me!

My friends were playing with my iPod touch 2nd gen. And they were like, here! charge it. and I looked on the menu thing where it says 'videos' music, itunes, and so fourth. the only thing on that menu was pictures and itunes.
    So I was like, wtf. & I looked all in the settings and everything.
    Trying to put music and video thing back on that mini menu. And I couldn't find anything. So I pressed delete all of ipod, in the settings thing.

So, it went to a screen, with the apple logo, and a long loading bar underneath it.
    And I sat there and waited until it was done loading, and I'm like, woooo!
    and it did nothing, I have tried to reset it many times. Press the on/off button & the menu button for 10 seconds, then let go of the on/off button, but keep holding the menu button for 10 more seconds. And that took me to the "CONNECT TO iTUNES." & it has a little cable pointed towards itunes music sign.

I have been on many threads, and been searching on google for the past few hours, and still. Nothing! Please help! I appreciate all answers.:)
  5. tehpwn4ger

tehpwn4ger New Member

No one knows?