ipod touch firmware 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lacrosse1991, Oct 27, 2009.

1. lacrosse1991

lacrosse1991 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there any way to jail break a 2nd gen ipod touch running firmware version 3.1.2 with out using black rain? I used black rain and there alot of bugs in it. Not to sound ignorant but is dev team even still developing red sn0w or did they stop development.
  2. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    pwnagetool

Please Register or Log in to view images

it pays to have a mac
  3. lacrosse1991

lacrosse1991 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    unfortunately im running win 7 right now. I tried it on one of the macs at my university but they require the admin password to make it work
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    do you have any other suggestions?
  4. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    just curious, cause my ipod is having problems too, but im not sure if it is black rain or the actual ipod because i jailbroke the same day i got my replacement, but is your ipod like rebooting randomly sometimes and then taking a really long time to start back up? Because that is what mine is doing. Sometimes I even have to power cycle it a few times to get it to work
  5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    you can dual boot mac. thats what i did so that i can use pwnage tool. i dont like blackra1n at all.
  6. Gullash

Gullash Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    GeoHot has recently updated the all-in-one jailbreaking Blackra1n software, it has been progressed to Release Candidate 2, the latest version fixes 3G issues, Icy issues and can be used for a tethered jailbreak of iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3.1 OoTB, however if you have used the previous release with success then you can skip this. Blackra1n RC2 is available for a free download and can be run on both Windows and Mac
  7. nuviolinist

nuviolinist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was having trouble jailbreaking to 3.1.2 so I just decided to jailbreak 3.1.1 I had to use redsn0w on 3.0 firmware then update to a custom 3.1.1 firmware. I'm also running windows 7. IMO I'm just gonna wait till an untethered jb is out for 3.1.2 to mess around with.