iPod touch firmware 3.0: NEED HELP AND ADVICE

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by kairokid2, Jun 20, 2009.

1. kairokid2

kairokid2 New Member

Unfortunately, all of the music on my iPod touch 2G is not backed up in my iTunes library. Long story. I am afraid that by updating my touch, it will have to sync my iPod touch back to my itunes library. Is there a possiblility that updating will cause me to lose my songs because they are not in my library?

Please if someone could explain to me what happens as you download (and unfortunately pay for) the 3.0 update.
  2. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    download and use i-funbox - copy the music off your touch, then do the update
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could also try out SharePod
  4. Jascaentipol

Jascaentipol New Member

When you download and install the 3.0 firmware, itunes backs up all of your app data, such as how they were arranged on the spring board and high scores, things of that nature. When the new firmware is installed, itunes erases all data from the itouch, installs 3.0, and syncs all data (ie. music, videos, apps, photos) and the backup it did to the itouch. so to answer your question, yea, you will lose your songs if you do not back them up. however, itunes should ask to send the purchases from the itouch to itunes, and i would recoment doing this if you would like to keep all your songs. keep in mind, syncing purchases from the itouch to itunes does NOT transfer all data, just data bought from itunes. not cd's, not ripped movies, just what you bought from them. if you need to get ALL data from your itouch to itunes, get pod to pc, or pod to mac, depending on your os, and that should do the trick.