iPod Touch Firmware 2.0 Low Volume Fix?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by subcode, Jul 14, 2008.

1. subcode

subcode New Member

My European itouch 2.0 has low volume (you know...because of this stupid french law)... Anyway, i don't really care about Music App. because it plays loud at max volume...BUT the problem is with webradio apps like tuner and visuaradio... These applications play a lot lower than music app. When i was running 1.1.4 JB i was able to do the trick with the RegionalVolumeLimits.plist file. The problem with 2.0 is that it isn't officially jailbreaked yet and i'm not able to edit the plist file (no file system access)... Is there a way to extract the 2.0 ipsw file and find this file? When itunes extracts the ipsw file, sees the serial number of your ipod and patches equally the plist file according to your region? Anyone knows how this thing works? (how it knows if your ipod is european or US?...because the ipsw files and ipod hardware is the same for all regions) Any ideas?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, this is something that's bugging me too, far too quiet for most non-Apple applications with sound.

Possibly even an application that would make you read a warning and ok'ing to it before unlimiting the volume would be fine too.
  3. subcode

subcode New Member

Yeah, that would be cool...
    I REALLY HATE THIS LAW...

4. kolko

kolko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I was watching a M*A*S*H episode on an airplane and I could only barely hear it

5. Amalthus

Amalthus New Member

I have same issue.

No jailbreak, no volume fix.