Ipod touch filesystem

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by MethosMage, Dec 1, 2007.

1. MethosMage

MethosMage New Member

is there any way I can just download the iPod touch filesystem or another way to get it other then ssh because it says its going to take about 5 hours to do it on ssh
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dunno, i found a place to download the iPhone filesystem but i havent seen anywhere to download the one for the touch.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

phobos.apple.com/versions
  4. MethosMage

MethosMage New Member

What do i do with that do I add it to sources? I tried in my computers browser and it just showed some xml code. I need it to start programming on my windows computer.
  5. Paintball

Paintball New Member

What I did was manually managed my songs with itunes, then i deleted everything in it. Then I went in to /var/private/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/ and deleted everything in there. Same with my videos. Then I used WinSCP to copy my filesystem back, took about 30 minutes, and resynced it with iTunes.
  6. MethosMage

MethosMage New Member

I deleted my music and everything but still have my apps and my wifi is unstable with so many on it so I was wondering if there was any easier way
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

If you look through the XML, you'll notice that it is made up of a bunch of links. Find the link for the firnware you want and download it.
  8. mattgilberg

mattgilberg New Member

Rsync

Depending on how much you wanna transfer, use rsync with the "-e ssh" option and exclude all the files/directories you don't want or need. it should take 45 minutes max to copy the actual fs.
  9. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Another idea: I made a gzipped tarball that I got back with iPhoneList through USB. Just pay attention not to include the tarball recursively

Please Register or Log in to view images

cd /
    tar czf /private/var/all.tgz Applications Library System bin etc private/etc sbin usr private/var/Applications private/var/cron

Add more directories as needed, the symbolic links won't be followed so they don't risk to be present twice in the archive.

EDIT: just don't let the iPod lock, or the process will go to sleep. Put Auto-Lock to never and let it connected to the USB to spare the batttery of course.
  10. MethosMage

MethosMage New Member

How can I figure out which one I need? I know i have 1.1.2 3B48b on my Ipod but I see 3 or 4 about 1.1.2 3B48b with keys such as 3A110a and 3A111a does it matter which I choose or how do I choose?