Ipod touch faulty home button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Innes, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Innes

Innes New Member

Hey all,
    I've had a first gen ipod touch for a couple of years now, and my home button stopped working a few months ago. It's really frustrating turning it off every time I have to quit something! I've tried a lot of things to fix it.. drop of alcohol, hard reset, clearing everything on it, etc, but to no avail.

I've been told that if I jailbroke it I can download a virtual home button, but I haven't been able to successfully jailbreak it whatsoever, as some of them require to me to use the home button to reset it, while others just don't seem to work on it at all!

So I'm wondering if there's an app on the apple store that provides a virtual home button at all? If not, then it looks like jailbreaking may be my last option, as my warranty is long gone!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Go to jailbreakme.com and you can jailbreak like that, or use Spirit. you dont need the home button for that. once you do that, just use the virtual home button from cydia.
  3. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the same happened to mine, i installed sb settings and then the close app button

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Innes

Innes New Member

Awesome, thanks guys

How can I upgrade to the 3.1.2/3 or 3.2 firmware though to jailbreak it? My itunes tells me that 2.2.1 is the current version

edit:
    sorry, just realised I gotta shift click the restore button in itunes

------------------double post merged------------------
    Done it. Life savers, thank you!