iPod touch fans is hiring bloggers [paid positions]

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by bgizzle, Apr 5, 2010.

1. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Well, we've taken your suggestions to heart, and one of the biggest ones was that the front page is sort of... boring. With that in mind, we've decided to hire bloggers in order to bring to life our front page. We're turning to our community first before casting the net wider

You should apply if:
    • You are over the age of 18 .
    • You love tracking down news, breaking the story, and steering discussions
    • You have a strong grasp of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling and can write in a casual, fun style fitting for a blog.
    • You have an eye for simple layouts of stories that make the post look good (and can find relevant pictures, videos, etc. to embed)
    • You are a resident of the United States (or have a bank account or PayPal that allows you to receive payments in your country and are willing to file the appropriate - and simple - tax forms).
    • You can deliver at least 1 quality post per day, of at least 150-200 words.
    • You own or have reliable access to an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and a computer.
    • You don't mind perks like app promo codes for review, and review units of cases and accessories.

To apply, email bgizzle@ifans.com with the following information and include the words "APPLICATION FOR BLOGGER POSITION" in the subject:
    • Full name
    • Year of birth (and date if the year is 1992)
    • State of residence or country
    • 1 or 2 original writing samples of the type you would be posting. Some example topics include app reviews, breaking news, updates about new releases, opinion pieces, etc., although you should feel free to be creative.
    • Feel free to attach a resume and/or school transcript, although this is not absolutely required.

Positions are open for both iPod touch Fans and iPad IMO.

It's a big obligation to be cranking out a post or more per day, so it's no surprise that this is a paid position. Compensation will be determined based on the workload you wish to take on and your level of experience.

Due to the volume of applications, we are not able to acknowledge every single one. If we are interested in hiring you, you will be hearing from us.
  2. cbren

cbren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Question, how old do you have to be to get a work permit?
  3. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You'll have to find out what it is for your state, what the rules are, etc.. I can't really help with that.
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    15? i think so, but that is irrelevant here.
  5. friedmannn

friedmannn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm 16 and I've gotten work permits, and I think 16 is the minimum age.

edit: I live in Mass, and Nitro it is relevant because it says you can apply if your under 18 as long as you can get a work permit.

edit2(haha): Is there a deadline for these applications / how many people are you hiring?
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    anyone know work permit age of california?
  7. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    The sooner you submit the application the better, because we will wait until we fill the positions. We'll be hiring a number of people necessary to get good coverage, and the exact number will depend on how much work each person wants to commit to.
  8. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    btw we wouldnt need a work permit if we did it for free right?
  9. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    No, but in that case you wouldn't be contractually bound to write articles on a daily basis and we would be back to the same issue we are now, which is that we get people writing once or twice a month and as soon as they get busy they stop.
  10. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sorry let me revise that:
    I wouldn't need to get a work permit if I would work for free. Can this be a option?