iPod touch fake phone number?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sageDieu, Feb 20, 2010.

1. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I checked the search and got nothing good or current on this topic.

I'm curious as to whether or not it's possible to fake a phone number on my iPod touch. I don't mean for things with VOiP or anything like that- I mean seriously convince my iPod and applications running on it that it's an iPhone with a number. I think it would be really cool to be able to use a mobilesubstrate extension for this, maybe set the number as an AIM account, email address, or Google Voice number. It could be used with iRealSMS and other things like that.

btw: No, I will not get an iPhone for this, don't waste your time telling me that. I just want this for use on wifi.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm guessing you just want a phone number to text with.... Right?

Purchase TextNow from the App Store, and link it with Google Voice.

Problem solved. Friends can now text you at a phone number. And you can text them, obviously.
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    any UK ones?
  4. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    How do I link it?
  5. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I have a normal cell phone with messaging. I am specifically wanting this for iRealSms 3 since it has the notification thing and lets you reply from anywhere. I just think it would be really cool. And my GV number is my work number that I like to use for professional stuff, but I don't always have access to a computer. I hacked my school wifi and pretty much live there do to the arts (drama, band, etc.) and always have my iPod as well.

/edit: It would also be cool if somebody could make a substrate tweak to be able to reply to IMs and messages from any app a la tlert.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    /bump

I know there's not a lot of devs on this forum but somebody's gotta at least have some idea of how to do this out there.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    /bump

I know there's not a lot of devs on this forum but somebody's gotta at least have some idea of how to do this out there.
  6. AllGoodMoney

AllGoodMoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    try textplus its free
  7. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Once again, I do not want an app. If I wanted to use anything other than tlert or iRealSms I would have posted a thread asking about app store apps to let me text phones. I didn't. Stop wasting your time. Anybody know how to actually help?
  8. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    He's just trying to help.
    We can let this thread sink to oblivion for all we care.

Now, what is it you're exactly looking for?
    Why don't you just make another Google Voice account and link it with TextNow?

iRealSMS is the only way you'll be able to text in any app on an iPod touch.
    You'd have to buy credits to be able to do that, though.
    That's just the way it is. Nobody really cared to make an addon for an app.
    Same goes for TAlert. It's just not meant to work with anything else but Messages.

I don't understand what the big deal with instantly replying is.
    There's a problem if the person texting you can't wait an extra 30 seconds to finish whatever you're doing.
  9. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I linked my GV account with textnow, it works good and everything. I know that iRealSms is the only way for that but I can't afford to buy credits which is why I'm asking how to fake a legitimate phone number on my iPod. I don't mean like use an app to text with a phone number- I mean actually make the iPod think it has a phone number.
  10. gaolin

gaolin New Member

goods

meta-analyses, which review data replica belts louis vuitton data from multiple studies, have failed to [h4]louis vuitton replica purse[/4h] to provide clear results or interpretations.To address fendi bags replica address whether echinacea