ipod touch experts, i need your help. DESPERATELY, worst ipod touch error ever.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robinenrique, Apr 15, 2008.

1. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

so ill explain my whole problem, from the beggining.

so first of all i started having home button issues with my ipod ever since i jailbroke it.

so i restore my ipod to see if it was a software issues, but well i was wrong. i have to say that i didnt go to an apple store because i live in venezuela, and well in here we dont have any apple store, so i cant change it for a new ipod.

i started to ask in this forum if anyone knew any solution to the home key problem, and i found someone that told me about this app that is called: click once that acts like a home key in every app. so well i unjailbroke my ipod so i needed to jailbreak it again..oh f***, bad idea. i jailbroke it with ziphone, but suddenly it stopped jailbreaking, and it just says:

if you wish to boot the system:
    exit

Apr 15 18:14:58 launchd[36]: cant exec / bin.sh for single user: No such file or directory

and well, now it just stays in there, i cant restore my ipod because my home key is broken, really broken..i dont why because i really take good care of my ipod..i dont know if there is any manual restore that i can do with my pc or something like that?, oh and when i disconnect my ipod from my pc the code in the screen of my ipod change to something like: ipod removed from itunes or something like that, then i reconnect it and appears this:

IOIpodUSBDevice start ipod stack cant start! need configuration

i dont really know what to do..can anyone please help me?
  2. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

The home button problem is a hardware issue and since you cannot restore there is nothing you can do. In most cases you should be able to return your iPod to the store you bought it from for a replacement since it isn't functional. If that doesn't work then you'll have to mail it to apple where they will then fix or exchange it via mail.

-Note: Written on iPod so please excuse any grammatical errors
  3. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

yeah, but i cant do that because i jaibroke it. and if i jailbroke it they wont give me a new ipod, is there any way i could restore my ipod without the home button? i tried ziphone's option but it doesnt detect my ipod..but idk why because the ipod detects when i disconnect it from my pc
  4. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

To my knowledge the only way to enter restore mode is with the use of the home button. Most of the time Apple will not look to see what you did to your iPod. Yoy had a valid issue with it regardless of jailbreaking - I'd need to read the warranty info but right now your only real option is to attempt to send it in
  5. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

yeah but the thing is that when you turn on the ipod the only thing that appears on the screen is a lot of script in white like cmd.exe..so theyll know that i did the jailbreak thing..
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    cmd.exe is the windows command line utility ... why would that be on the ipod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    unless...YOU PORTED WINDOWS TO THE IPOD!
  8. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

dude, im telling him that my ipod got frozen while doing the jailbreak, and now when i turn it on it only shows a lot of script like the cmd from windows. i was just giving an example :S...