Ipod touch, Erase all data feature?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jawad, Dec 10, 2007.

1. jawad

jawad New Member

Hi, My ipod touch has been acting strange all of the sudden. I had 2300+ tracks on there, And when i synced it to the pc little while ago...to my surprise i only had 600 tracks! When i look in my library i have my 2300+ tracks but when i look at the ipod touch's library theres only 600!

So i tried syncing and getting my tracks from the library back onto the touch, But for some reason it wont sync. It says syncing but then it stop as if theres no new files to add...When theres clearly 2300 tracks in my library waiting to be synced! and yes there all ticked.

What could be the problem?

ALSO i want to know, if i use the Erase all data feature in the touch as a last resort, Will it remove the jail break, Iphone apps and other 3rd party apps? Or will it recognise the iphone apps as default apps and not delete them? Let me know asap!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Concerning your music, you probably don't have enough space for it on your ipod. Look if you can delete some videos or podcasts, pictures, etc. If iTunes doesnt show that low space warning, it was probably ticked off before.
    As for the Erase all feature, I think you are referring to the "Restore" button. Yes the Restore will erase everything, apps, music etc. If you restore the ipod, you will have to downgrade to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak, upgrade, put apps again. Post if this solved your problem.
  3. jawad

jawad New Member

No i said, I had 2300+ on my 16gb ipod touch before but they some how dissapeared (Not ejecting properly?) only 600ish songs remained. My 16gb ipod touch has 9+GB of free memory, As i said i dont get any warning/error messages it just syncs but then stops as if theres nothing to sync when infact i have my whole library waiting to be synced.

As for the erase all data feature, its not a the restore thing which you are talking about. If you goto settings > General > Reset > Erase all data (Or something like that). Thats what im on about, if i do that will it erase the music or will it also erase the jailbreak + 3rd party apps. AND also will it delete the iphone apps which i have on my touch, I consider the iphone apps seperate from the 3rd party apps because they are official ipod apps so i assumed they wont be removed if i do the erase data reset. But im still not sure, thats the case. So thats what im asking.
  4. jawad

jawad New Member

Anyone?...
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm... never really paid attention to that Reset functionality. My guess (purely hypothetical) is that since the iPod Touch has 2 "partitions/memory areas" - one for the OS/apps and one for the media/settings, I'd guess that your apps would remain (e.g., it would just erase the second media/settings partition). That is of course if you haven't moved your apps for space reasons (some people have done that)... As for the disappearing music, I've no idea... sounds hinky - I'd probably restore myself...
  6. jawad

jawad New Member

I did the Reset > Erase all content and settings. It removed the songs only but the apps remained. But the app files which were saved in the media partition were also deleted like iPhysics level packs ect...Which is no big deal.
  7. Human Bomb

Human Bomb New Member

if you moved your apps (using bosstool or something) and you use the restore button, it breaks the apps, leaving the Icons and some os information (good luck deleting and uninstalling that stuff I still have it taking up space
  8. BONG LEACH

BONG LEACH New Member

i have a 16gb touch and have several 3rd party apps music etc i was attempting to install a program at this point i cant recall which one, but when i went to see if it was working, it wasnt there, so i went to uninstall it and there was nothing there, all of my apps were gone from this uninstall screen. so now there are apps that i cant uninstall that are taking up space. i need to know how to remove them safely and keep my jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod touch at 1.1.1 so i can continue to download 3rd party apps. thank you.

if this isnt the place to post this, please let me know. by email maybe?

sublime at users.easynews .com

thx
    ant
  9. fohi-d

fohi-d New Member

Do you mean that you have a problem deleting things? If so, can you help me? I've deleted a bunch of movies (actually, mostly rented movies that have expired), and they're still taking up memory on my iPod.
  10. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Resync all songs, restore