Ipod touch elite 1.1.3 JB method, installer Crashing after downloading files!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by o0rico0o, Jan 28, 2008.

1. o0rico0o

o0rico0o New Member

Hi, i know there are alot of threads on this but the 1s i have looked through dont seem to be relivant or dont have and answer.

i have just completed the 1.1.3 ipod elite team ( chris stroud, ipodtouchmaster & ipodtouchhacker) jb method. my ipod spent 3 hours downloading the file so i ended up manually restarting.

so after it restarted i had all the 1.1.3 apps as normal but then i went into installer and tryed to download an app and it didnt work, so i tryed a different 1 and that didnt work either.
    the files download but that it comes to "installing package.." and crashes instantly.
    i havnt managed to install anything!.

i went into winscp and typed df -h in to the terminall and this info showed:

/private/var/root$ df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
    /dev/disk0s1 280M 280M 0B 100% /
    devfs 15K 15K 0B 100% /dev
    /dev/disk0s2 7.3G 4.0G 3.3G 55% /private/var

anyidea if that means i have enough space, i did try and increase the space but i dont know if it worked. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
  2. o0rico0o

o0rico0o New Member

some 1 help PLZZZZZZZ
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I assume as you have read some threads that you checked mine out, but incase you didnt, click my sig.
  4. o0rico0o

o0rico0o New Member

yep, quessing this is the relevant bit:

Installer Crashes to Springboard : ( Symptom can also be Apps Not displaying on Springboard after install )

Add this source:

sleepers.net/iphonerepo Uninstall all 3rd party apps, then from Utilities add bossTools 034.

Use BossTools to move the Application folder to the media Partition. You know this has worked when

a. It takes about 30 seconds to perform the move
    b. The Button that said "Move Applications" now says "Apps Already Moved"

Problem is that is wont let me install anything! and ive tryed moving files.
    this is REALY ANNOYING, any1 know wht to do?
  5. Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza New Member

The screen says it all... You have no space left.
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I know you can move the application folder with a symlink in command, but I dont know the syntax.

Maybe another member can help with that......

When you SSH in, what is listed in your application folder? Loads of stuff from a previous JB, or just the Mobile Apps, mail, weather etc?
  7. Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza New Member

Do you have SSH and BSD subsystem?