iPod Touch easily replaced

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by windowsexpert08, Sep 14, 2008.

1. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

Ok well i just wanted to share my story with someone. So a few weeks ago i was jogging with my ipod touch in my pocket, about halfway through my jog it started pooring down rain and i was like OMFG. I thought for sure my ipod was broken. I sprinted home and tryed to turn it on, it turned on fine but i was still panicking, i didnt do the rice trick and just let it dry out normally. So about a day later i looked at it and it was fine. I plugged it in and it heated up really fast, hotter then normal, Also i had realized the wifi was not working it said "no wifi" under the settings. I knew for a fact that water damage was not covered under my basic warranty. But i took it in anyways today into my local apple store. The man looked at it and turned it on and fooled around with it for a minute. After that he said "hmm yeah we have had a few of these". At this time he still hadnt checked the water strip in the headphone jack. So then he says "let me run back and get a new one out for you, well just replace it." So yup they replaced it for free, Didnt even look to see if it had water damage. I lucked out.

Thanks for reading if you did

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's pretty lucky.
  3. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you are juiced! A brand new ipod from water damaging yours. Good for you brother!
  4. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

thats awesome u r lucky
  5. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dude do not answer youre phone for like the next 5 weeks apple wants their ipod back steve told me to tell you

6. windowsexpert08

Yeah im amazed. The man didnt care at all he barely looked at the ipod at all and he didnt even think to check the headphone jack. Thanks all i hope if any of you ever have problems it comes out like mine

EDIT: lol aprosamurai if you know steve so well wanna hook me up with a MBP? Haha

7. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you know my alter-ego steve not steve jobs gotcha

8. windowsexpert08

Haha, but dang im so excited, now i can sell my ipod to my friend, he didnt want to buy before obviously cause the wifi didnt work but now hes offering me $200 for it.
  9. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you're gonna get a 2g after you sell it?
  10. windowsexpert08

i dont know cause i already got the iPhone, but i also want the 2g ipt, but i also want a macbook that im saving for and this would give me enough, so im debating...