Ipod Touch Earphone jack messed up and is under warranty but have no receipt ? HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xkenny91, Sep 20, 2009.

1. xkenny91

xkenny91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I have an Ipod Touch 2G.My earphone jack is messed up, it only works on the right side and please dont tell me its the earphones problem. I have tried about 5 sets of earphones. I bought this item off on someone and he didnt give me the receipt. I just check the serial number right now on apple's site and it is still under warranty till Nov 10, 09. I live in Canada if this matters at all. Will they still fix it if i have no receipt?

PLEASE HELP!!

thank you very much
  2. thekodanator

thekodanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had the same problem, only the ears were opposite. This is a hardware problem, and the only way to fix it is replacement.
  3. xkenny91

xkenny91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but what im asking is would they fix it if i have warranty but no receipt.
    thats my main question
  4. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i went to have my ipod fixed last week and didn't have a receipt. the employee attending to me entered the serial number of my ipod to some site of theirs and the date of purchase and where it was purchase came out. so yeah, just take it to the apple store and let them enter the serial number to check it out for themselves.
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You may want to make sure your iPod is under warranty, so just google "Apple iPod serial warranty validity" and one of the links should lead you to the site.