IPod Touch doesn't work on all usb 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bdrool, Nov 30, 2007.

1. bdrool

bdrool New Member

Apple is about to lose my confidence in their product! I've had my Touch for one week and can't sync it to my computer. The model is a Presario 3045us. It has a pentium 4, 2.4 GHz processor and was designed for Windows XP.

When I called the support desk, they told me to take my IPod Touch to an IPod store, 35 miles away. Upon talking longer and getting put on hold, they finaly deduced that I only have USB 1.x. B.S.!!! This computer is a laptop and is only 5 years old! I dare anybody to look it up and prove to me my computer has anything but USB 2.0, and all my other USB 2.0 devices work just fine! All the drivers loaded and shows correctly in the device manager. I have ITunes 7.5 loaded and it comes up with an error that it can't connect to the IPhone that is connected to my computer, what IPhone, I have an IPod Touch. At least ITunes knows that something is connected to the computer.

Now just what is the problem? My son's 80gig IPod works just fine. What, did they do to the drivers? They must be different and the ITouch IS NOT 100% COMPATIBLE! All the system requirements on the internet and on the box the ITouch came in says USB 2.0.

Anybody have an idea? I hope the Apple techies are reading this. This is a problem when a USB 2.0 device doesn't work on a USB 2.0 port.
  2. chopshop

chopshop New Member

This is probably a stupid question, but are you using a USB hub? If so, is it 2.0?
  3. bdrool

bdrool New Member

Thanks for asking, but no. I'm direct connecting to my laptop. It has 4 ports and I tried all of them.