Ipod touch doesnt turn fully on, help please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spinner334, Jan 8, 2009.

1. spinner334

spinner334 New Member

Okay, so i'm in need of some serious help. i got my ipod 'wet' well, water vapor got into it, but the headphone jack is still silver. It was jailbroken, but suprisingly it was still working long enough after the vapor got into it, so i reset everything. But after a while, it just wouldnt turn on. I got all the water out with rice, and now the apple logo shows up, looking like its gonna turn on, but nope, a little spinny thing apears in the apple logo, and it restarts, doing the same thing over and over again. its not even connecting to my computer. what can i do? i turned it on when it was still wet, did this fry it?
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Make sure it really is fully dry. Leave it in rice in a warm room for a good time longer if you are unsure. Then fully recharge it. Then put into DFU mode and restore if you can. Good luck!
  3. kramszed

kramszed New Member

did you turn it on immediately after getting wet.. well that's bad, u should've let it dry first, it could've short circuited, water conducts electricity. don't charge it yet or don't run any electricity on it yet, if you're sure that its completely dry, then try it out.. but i am not sure if your ipod is damaged already, due to the fact that it was all ' wet ' and you turned it on....
  4. jamesacobb

jamesacobb New Member

I dont know if it has to do with it getting wet, i jailbroke mine and then reset it and now it is doing the same thing, apple screen, then blank, then apple screen again with loading thing
  5. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well u could bring it to apple if the thing inside the headphone jack is still white/silver and u already restored it. just tell them it wont turn on.