iPod touch doesn't boot!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pb7280, Dec 19, 2008.

1. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

hey, i got a major issue with my iPod touch (1g, 2.2, 32gb, JBen). It was working fine till it fell a big drop. At first i couldn't get it to turn on (or off idk) all i could see was the black screen, i pushed the power button, held it down, and pushed the home button. Then i tried holding down the home button and power and it turned on, but doesn't get past the aple logo. I haven't been able to plug it in, as i cant get a cable for 5 days (long time without ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

). is there any way i can try to fix this without a cable, or is there any possibility it will work again!

UPDATE: now when i try to restore my ipod it keeps giving me error 6 and leaving me in recovery mode

UPDATE: I think i found out the problem. if i leave my ipod sitting for a couple min it turns off, so in the middle of the restore, it turns off, i get error 9. if you were normally restoring an ipod, you get error 9 when you unplug your ipod during the restore.
  2. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    She'll be fine, jus hook her up and if that doesn't work then try manual DFU mode and then hook her up
  3. mbuc91

mbuc91 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Only thing you can do is wait and see if a restore works. With only two buttons on the ipod, there isn't much input you can give.
  4. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

thanks for the replies i actually can get a cord for tomorrow.
  5. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah, nope can't do much without the magical cable...
  6. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ye, the restoring should fix it, So it gets on the apple logo screen, then dies? Oooer.

Maybe start it up, whilst its loading the apple logo, then press home and power button? for 10 seconds or more.

Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

anyone? 2 updates and no posts
  8. Vash01

Vash01 New Member

It is fine, the ipod Touch is built tough.