ipod touch doesn't appear to be charging when it really is

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by onlyadrizzle, Aug 12, 2010.

1. onlyadrizzle

onlyadrizzle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've searched for a little bit, but couldn't find anything to help.... so I just decided to make a new thread.

I jailbroke my 2nd generation iPod touch mc running 4.0 with jailbreakme.com.

And yesterday I noticed that it didn't appear to be charging when it is. It will show a partially filled battery icon and I can tell it actually is because it will fill gradually.

I did delete a few files by sshing into my iPod, but I know exactly what the files were and I know that is not a factor in this. Don't lecture me on this, please, or tell me that it will ruin my ipod, because I knew what I was doing.

I just want to know if I should be concerned. Is it worth restoring and taking into Apple? It does charge, but I don't want more problems coming up. Should I put all my backup files (the ones I deleted) back on to my ipod and go from there?
  2. amonti

amonti New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I guess the critical question would be whether the iPod was charging properly before you jailbroke it, and whether you think the charge indicator (the lightning bolt) will work normally after you restore.

If your iPod is out of warranty, there's not much point, and even if it is under warranty, Apple will want to see some sort of strange charging behavior.

Also, if deleting files is definitely not a factor, then why mention it at all?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    It's the internal battery level sensor.
    Let it die and charge it back up to 100% AND DON'T DO ANYTHING ON IT WHILE IT IS CHARGING!!
  4. onlyadrizzle

onlyadrizzle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I guess there isn't much to do then, because my iPod had been fine before the jailbreak. In fact, it was after the jailbreak as well. So unless it is a problem that is going to effect my iPod and is just not inconvienent... that was what I was asking.

And I was just saying that because that was the only use I had had of my iPod the day that this happened, so .... idk. lol it was later when I had typed this out on another website and I just copied it over to the forums here when I got no answers. I hadn't been thinking. lol sorry.
  5. amonti

amonti New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No worries! It would be unnerving to not be able to see the charging state, but it appears to be software-related, so have fun with your jailbroken touch!
  6. onlyadrizzle

onlyadrizzle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks. Glad to know there isn't anything seriously wrong with it.
  7. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Sometimes if you lock it then unlock it, it will show that it charges later.