iPod Touch doesn't Appear in iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by christe, Nov 22, 2007.

1. christe

christe New Member

I had done a jailbreak on my iPod Touch, but it then stopped showing up on iTunes. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes and have reset the Touch several times, but it still does not show up on iTunes. Windows XP does acknowledge when I plugin the Touch. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. xxviperzlairxx

xxviperzlairxx New Member

Actually I would like to know as well... My touch does not work in XP (it did until somewhere in the jailbreak process), but it works just fine in Vista... please dont make me use Vista

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Apple Mobility, Quicktime, and iTunes. and I have tried restoring the iPod Touch to factory firmware and still nothing. I have also tried different usb ports on my computer.

(Windows XP & iPod Touch both make their little noises when I plug it in)
  3. AaronMc

AaronMc New Member

There is a file that you move from one folder to another, at the beginning of the Jailbreak process. You need to put it back in its Original file, Its called iTunes something im sure. But you will know, as you would of moved it from the original file hen you started the Jailbreak.
    Hope i helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. xxviperzlairxx

xxviperzlairxx New Member

I used jailbreakme.com so I didnt have to move any files manually....

Is this something I can lookup and ssh into and do?