iPod Touch does not turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mitsugaru, May 6, 2008.

1. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, so it was fine a few minutes ago. I was just using Safari when it just quit on me, screen goes black.

I figure I could just turn it back on, but, a hard reset does not work. The power button, home button, or a combo of the two doesn't make the ipod respond at all. iTunes, obviously, doesn't recognize it. And plugged in USB doesn't make the Battery icon show.

I called tech support and we managed a response that lasted a second and then it quit on us. I tried to do the same thing, which was hold the power button while it was plugged in and iTunes open, but it didn't show the Apple logo like the first time.

He gave me a number and instructions for returning it, since it is still under warranty, so that they can try to repair it.

Unfortunately, there are two factors:
    1) I had just downgraded from 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 and jailbroke it via AppSnapp. So, installer is there... If they manage to turn it on to the point of the home screen, they'll just send it back (right?), because it is hacked and blame it on me.
    2) The iPod Touch is not mine. A friend gave it to me to hack it for her....

So, I have no idea why the iPod will not turn on or respond to anything, buttons or USB.
    Plus, in my experience with my own iPod touch jailbreaking, something like this doesn't happen normally. Besides, it happened while using Safari, not during any installation or plugged into anything.

Any ideas as to what I should/can do about this?
  2. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. latinoheat69

latinoheat69 New Member

good luck...try what the guy above said..
    if not download ziphone and click normal mode to see if it'll boot it back up from a recovery mode
  4. Yakovlev

Yakovlev Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah the same thing happened to me, ziphone didn't help and I ended up having to force restore
  5. latinoheat69

latinoheat69 New Member

6. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^Splex

Yeah I saw that thread before posting the new one. It didn't work. No response for the length of time.

I tried ZiPhone, downloaded it and ran the "Enter DFU Mode" since the GUI didn't want to work with my current .NET 2.0 framework. It said it was searching for the iPhone (guess it wouldn't matter iPhone/iPod Touch) but the iPod did not do anything and ZiPhone showed no response either as to if it found it or not. Gave up on ZiPhone after letting it run for 3 minutes. I would think that was more than enough time for any normal iPhone/iPod Touch to be seen by the comp/iTunes.