iPod touch does not connect Bluetooth automatically

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SirCharlo, Dec 7, 2009.

1. SirCharlo

SirCharlo New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Hey all !

I have just bought a Sony MEX-BT3700U for my car. It works great ! Integrated Bluetooth makes it a great buy.

I have paired my iPod and the deck together, however I have resorted to using the USB iPod cord, because my BT connection is seriously flawed. Here's why:

When I get in my car, I start it, and it connects to my Samsung phone in seconds. However, it does not connect automatically to my iPod ! I have tried with my phone closed, thinking maybe there was a conflict, but no change. It just won't auto-connect.

There are two ways I have found to connect the iPod and deck together. The first is to go in Settings > General > Bluetooth and tap on my deck's name (XPLOD), which results in a connection after a few seconds of waiting, after which I must go back to Music and start playback. This is the least appealing of the solutions.

The second one is to start my car, go to Bluetooth Audio section on my deck, and press auto-connect, which connects the last connected audio device. This would work, except it takes about 40 seconds of pressing that button after starting my car, until the iPod allows the connection. After which, I have to manually start playback on the iPod.

I'm sure there is a more elegant solution to wireless streaming on the iPod with the MEX-BT3700U.

Help ?