iPod Touch -> DJ Mixer Line-In ... Best cable?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by blksqrl187, Jan 4, 2008.

1. blksqrl187

blksqrl187 New Member

Hey guys,

I've been working to integrate my ipod touch into my DJ setup (working on DJ-friendly mp3 launcher app currently), and ive been looking for the best cable to get the audio from my touch to my mixer line-ins (RCA). I know the best quality I'm probably going to get is from a dock-to-RCA connector, so I'm looking for a quality one of those...

So far, I've spotted this: http://www.provantage.com/cables-go-35507~7CBTY00F.htm ...but it looks cheap. I have done my research and at this point am about ready to order this one, as there arent many out there to my knowledge.

Anyone have any alternative suggestions for a high(er) quality cable that connects the dock at line-level to my Mixer's line-in's? I checked for a Monster cable, but nothing so far.

Cheers
    -sqrl
  2. kuecker_dj09

kuecker_dj09 New Member

you are right about getting the best audio from dock-RCA. the cord i use is the composite video cable from Apple. Not only can i use it for my stereo, but i can hook it up to my tv too.

it also has a usb on one end so you can charge the ipod at the same time..all from the same dock connector. this cost me 50 bucks, but its well worth it if you are looking for best SQ.Apple Composite AV Cable
  3. blksqrl187

blksqrl187 New Member

picked up that composite Apple cable from radio shack, happy to have video out for sure, and I hooked it up to my mixer and it sounds SO MUCH better than the Y-cable (1/8"->RCA). Plus it came with a wall charger, three birds with one stone.

thanks for the advice.