iPod Touch Disabled & Not Recognized! :O!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kraserob, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Kraserob

Kraserob New Member

Alright, so before I get flamed like every thread I've read, yeah I've used search button, yeah I've used google, no I did not steal it, I decided I'd buy it off e-bay cuz it was so cheap well aware it was disabled because I've restored a disabled iPod Touch before but the problem with this is it's not being recognized. And yes I've read all the threads it's always "DFU MODE DFU MODE" or "THIEF THIEF THIEF" and so.. yeah. It's 12:10 AM and I've been doing this DFU Mode for 5 hours so I'm starting to think that's not the case here. Because I do successfully get into DFU Mode but it still gives me the "USB Device not recognized." And I know for a fact it's not my computer because I've tried it in three computers, and I've tried 3 different Cables to hook it up to, and I know iPod Touches & iPhones connect. So I'm just wondering if I have to get a hardware replacement or if I can do this purely through software.

So thanks & l8r! -_-
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just have to ask.

Have you tried restoring in iTunes normally?
  3. Torrents

Torrents New Member

If the computer says, "USB Device not recognized" then you did not put the device into DFU Mode properly.
  4. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    he meant "mode"
  5. Torrents

Torrents New Member

I bit of a typo there. My apologies.

*Edited.
  6. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Maybe it's in a tethered jailbreak or something, try booting it up with 1clickboot, per se.
  7. stickman1000000

stickman1000000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its a tethered jailbreak

download libusb and install it if you are on vista then right click on libusb setup file and go to compatability tab

then click run this program to the compatability to

then select windows xp

install it

then download iclick boot run it put it in dfu mode it should boot up
    if it does then download quick freedom and do the untethered jailbreak
  8. Kraserob

Kraserob New Member

Idk if this sounds stupid to you, but I don't know what iClick Boot is and I don't know if it's jailbroken or not, tbh. Because the person I bought it off of e-bay from didn't really tell me. I'm running a Windows XP SP2 So.. yeah, any help appreciated

And thanks for not flaming me like all the other threads >_<

Oh and yeah I've tried it normally, but it's undetected in the first place. And I'm trying to get it to be detected and un-disabled.

Ahh help plz!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright so I think you meant 1-Click Boot, and it didn't help. USB Device still not recognized!! It charged fully, so I don't think it has to anything to do with the connection, and it's disabled.. but I don't even get a chance to enter a passcode it just says Disabled, Connect to iTunes.

Help mah! Plzz <33