Ipod touch dilemma

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dytoonn, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Dytoonn

Dytoonn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I know there are already some topics about this 'issue' but I haven't found a solution yet. I also think my problem is slightly different.

So, here's the thing: I live in Belgium,E urope, and I have the possibility buying an ipod touch in the USA. (Here we pay around 219€ (=320 USD) for the 8gb version, and 279€ (=408 USD) for the 16gb version.)

So basically, when I buy an ipod touch in the USA it only costs me 156€ (=229 USD) for the 8gb version, or 204€ (=299 USD) for the 16 gb version. So I have on both models a profit of approximately 70€ (=102 USD).

I'm a student so you all need to know buying an ipod touch costs me a lot of my 'savings'. I have about 6gb music, and a lot of movies. Now I have a rubbish 1gb mp3-player, so I really can't imagine that 8gb won't be enough. To me, it sounds like a lot of space. But once you're putting movies onto it, I know 8gb isn't that much.

So basically the question is: Is this 48€ (70USD) worth the 8gb extra space, even when I'm not sure if I need it?
    I mean, for that money I almost could buy an old iphone 8gb! Unfortunately the Iphone 3g became way to expensive and almost impossible to buy for a 'foreigner'...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope you took the time to read the whole text, because it may be a bit confusing since my English isn't that tremendous.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think, if you have the extra 48 Euro's go for it. if not, then get the 8gb.

i have only 2 videos and about 500 songs and im very happy with my 8gb so if you have the money get the 16gb
  3. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Also since this is your savings if you get the 8 gb you don't have to put all your music on your ipod and then some movies or just put all your music and then your 8gb. But i would say a little extra money will help in the long run just so you won't have to keep switching out movies and that. but i would probably go with the 8gb since its money your talking about and your savings and you don't know w hat will happen in the future and you may need the money.

By the way your english is pretty good.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you're money-concious, I would purchase the 8GB iPod touch.

You don't need to have every song from your music library on your iPod touch, and you're only watching one movie at once.
  5. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty much in the same dilemma. If you can afford it though, go for the 16GB as it'll be more cost effective in the long term if you do find that you need the extra storage later on. Most of the cost goes into the hardware and software, a bit extra gets you double the storage.