Ipod Touch Died

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anubis2night, Feb 18, 2008.

1. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

My ipod touch died. I tried all the usual stuff to recover it but to no avail. Anyways the reason for the thread was this. Just before it died the battery was quite warm. In fact I took it back to best buy about 30 minutes later and you could still feel the thing thru the bax (slighty) so I'm wondering if it was just a faulty battery as I've always heard that these things are unbrickable. Anyways I tried doing a search and couldn't find much on battery issues other than on another site. They mentioned avoiding higher temperatures. So I'd watch out for leaving it on the charger thruout the day while your doing you various apps and such

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyways let me know if you've heard anything like this. Also wondering if I could have put it in the fridge to cool it down and brought it back to life?
  2. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

sorry bro. hope you got a new one for your troubles. and i really hope i dont have to find out for myself.
  3. AssLikeThat

AssLikeThat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you can return it, i think you should and get a new one.
  4. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I leave my 16G on the USB all day, never had a problem. My guess is that you might've gotten a faulty unit, or you're using its CPU too much (note that there's no fan or any cooling devices attached to it). Hopefully you got a new one out of it, try and not abuse it too much as it is just a small media player, not a computer replacement or a playstation/genesis/snes etc.

5. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

Yeah they didn't have any 32gb in which is what I had so I got my money back and will hopefully either pick one up tommorow at aple or if I can wait until fri pick one up at Best Buy. I'm getting 10% off for the purchse price going thru BB so it's really just a question of how much a week of ipod touch is worth

, man I wished I would have put that thiung in the fridge and seen if it was fixable...

Funny thing was I was getting a crazy amount of time off the battery charge before this happened. used it fours hours on fri non stop online and then for 2.5 sat morning before putting it on the charger.
  6. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

haha. well it was most likely defective cus the 32 gigs are pretty new and they are bound to have a few bugs about them, with all the memory, theres bound to be a down side