iPod touch DFU brick?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hackingislol133, Mar 5, 2009.

1. hackingislol133

hackingislol133 New Member

I have an iPod 8GB 1st gen. I think I set it into DFU mode by using iBrickr to recover using the red/green screen method. After I did this however, the upgrade failed. My iPod suddenly disconnected with iTunes in the middle of the upgrade.

I've tried to upgrade up to 2.2.1 now but every time I try, I always get error 1. I read numerous articles about error 1 just being a timing mistake, but I've timed myself with a stopwatch and still can't figure out what's wrong.

I can't use iBrickr and go back into normal mode now, I've tried, but it always gives me the green screen.

Currently I'm trying to dry out my battery completely so all systems will reset. Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a shot anyways.

Any suggestions?
  2. C4NNIBAL

C4NNIBAL Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Whenever I messed up my iPod when it was in DFU, I ran QuickPWN. It tells you to reset your device before continuing, but it only worked (as in it got my iPod up an running again, instead of just resetting it back to the boot logo) whenever I was using QuickPWN (I always kept the little window that pops up open, just in case). Try that since draining your battery corrodes it.
  3. hackingislol133

Does it have to be a specific version of quickpwn? The 2.2.1 jail break doesn't want to recognize my iPod. Says it can't get along with AppleHelper or something.
  4. C4NNIBAL

C4NNIBAL Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well QuickPWN 2.2.5 works with all version of the 2.x software, but I've never seen anything about an AppleHelper, only Apple Mobile Device. Was iTunes open while you were running it?
  5. hackingislol133

7.42 and 7.5 I believe.