Ipod touch dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Full Nelson, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Full Nelson

Full Nelson New Member

i think my ipod touch is dead. I got a power break down while i was pwning it last night. Then after when i switch on my pc to resume the pwnage, it doesnt detect my ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

at all.
    Moreover my ipod is not turning on. I've tried it on my friend's pc but it's the same fuss and even on a usb2 port.
    Can someone tell me if he or she has ever got a kind of problem like mine and if there's a solution?
    Do you think it's a physical problem? PLEASE HELP

2. ddggttff3

ddggttff3 New Member

Just put it into DFU mode and restore.
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am guessing he will be on 2.0, and to DFU restore, he will need to downgrade itunes temporarily.
  4. highvoltage1984

highvoltage1984 New Member

Kind of the same problem

I got the same problem but I didnt have a power break down. After the pwnage finished and it restarted. My ipod never went back on. Could some please help me to.
  5. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

like he said put it in DFU mode, have your ipod plugged in your computer. hold the home button and power button down for 7 seconds then hold the home button until it is your computer recognizes it (the ipod's screen will be black) and then restore (if you get a 160x error downgrade itunes to 7.5 and restore from there then upgrade to itunes 7.7 and that'll do it

6. epnfatbdy

epnfatbdy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Not true at all...but ok...to DFU in new itunes, you have to make sure your phone is completely powered off (which it seems it is), then hold down the home button (not connected to computer), and then plug in (while still holding it down)...and continue holding it down until the normal DFU logo appears (itunes logo and usb cable...then iTunes will read your ipod, but your only option will be to restore...enjoy...
  7. Full Nelson

Full Nelson New Member

Genius...dud!!! it works...thanks a lot.
  8. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I see now that i was wrong, i was just quoting from what i have heard.
  9. wokkster

wokkster New Member

thank you epnfatbdy!!!!!!!!

you're a hero!
  10. rowdyred03

rowdyred03 New Member

hi, im a newbe,
    i quickpwn my ipod touch, it completed and was fine i downloaded a app from the app store and got the frozen spinning wheel, i had to let the battery die to get it off the screen, when i tried to charge it back up, it wouldnt turn on ,it was dead I cant reset it because it wont power on, itunes cant recognize it because theres no power when its plugged up, i used a wall charger and it came on froze on the pineapple screen. and wont boot any further than that , i tried to dfu and it would shut off, and come back on the same screen, and it will not hold any power unless attached to the wall charger, the battery was in good shape before i quickpwn 2.02., I need help.