ipod touch dead to ONE computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mphcrash, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mphcrash

mphcrash New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi, for some reason my ipod touch won't react at all when i plug it into my PC (which has always stored the itunes data). It still plugs into and charges on everything else, my laptop, xbox, work computer, etc, but not the main computer it's always used in the past.
    When i plug it in literally nothing happens. At all.
    I've tried many USB ports, two different cables (which both work fine elsewhere), restored the ipod, reinstalled itunes. Nothing works.
    The only time the PC even notices the ipod is plugged in is if i boot it up holding the home button to restore it, but then half way through the restore on the PC (Which is the only time it shows up) the restore fails and the ipod goes dead until i restore it on the laptop.
    If anyone has any idea what could have possibly caused this to have happened it would be much appreciated.
    Oh, the PC runs Vista, same as laptop...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ipod is not jailbroken. Running version 3.1.3 (7E18). If it helps...
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Do your USB ports work otherwise? I'm thinking that it may have something to do with your drivers. Try fully removing iTunes and then reinstalling it.
  3. mphcrash

mphcrash New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My PC died shortly a day after the post. Power supply died. Got a new one and iPod is now working fine again. Thanks for trying spoonforknife, guess its just a freak occurance. If you can delete this thread...