iPod Touch Dead Asleep...NO Sign of Life.!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Luis26, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Luis26

Luis26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, so my iPod is jailbroken, with Blackra1n, and I installed something that required my iTouch to reboot. Since it rebooted, I had to reconnect it with Blackra1n. I turned it on (to make sure it still turned on) and got the "usb connecting to the iTunes logo" screen, obviously. Then, right before I connected it to the computer I turned it on again, that way when I connected to the computer I wouldn't have to wait for the recovery screen to show up. Then I connected it to the computer and the computer told me it would install the hardware device (I had never connected my iTouch to this computer) Then when I clicked the Blackra1n icon I realized that my iPod was off, but now it won't turn back on and the computer won't recognize anything at all. I am now using the computer where I jailbroke my iPod in the first and still-nothing. The computer doesn't do the beep as it did when I used to connect my iPod. I have tried my brother's iPod on this same computer and it quickly recognizes it. I've tried to put the iPod into DFU mode several times, but it doesn't work.
    Any Help is Appreciated..Thanks!!
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Hold the home button for 10secs and see what happens.

The battery could just be dead?
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Is iTunes installed on that computer?
  4. Luis26

Luis26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have tried holding the home and power button. I have left it charging for like a whole day and nothing.
    And, yes, iTunes is installed in my computer.
    I have tried to put the iPod into DFU and Recovery mode, but it just doesn't work. I have tried DFU Helper, I've done what I see in Youtube videos but I get no results.
    Could I just take it to Apple and say that it was not jailbroken and that it just wouldn't turn on one morning? or can they check if it was jailbroken even if it doesn't turn on?
  5. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  6. Luis26

Luis26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for helping, but yeah I am doing it right. I've seen it in Youtube videos and all, it's not a difficult thing to do...haha. Unfortunately my iPod doesn't do anything. Both iTunes and my computer don't detect my iPod at all (I DON'T get the little bubble saying "Not Recognized")
    Thanks for the help guys!!
  7. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That iPod is doomed, hopefully apple will fix it...
    Dont mention the "It's not jailbroken" because then they might think it is.... lol
  8. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If it doesn't turn on they can't check anything, there are no hardware mods with the jailbreak, so there would be no way to tell.
  9. Luis26

Luis26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lol. True. Do you think there might be a reason for them NOT to fix it, though?
    Also, it's weird how it just died on me of nowhere. Any reasons why it happened? I just got it last september...
  10. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Unless apple somehow turns the iPod on and finds the blackra1n icon, there is almost no way they wont fix it for you(which means they'll fix it lol).