Ipod touch Crisis

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MynameIsIpod, Jul 21, 2010.

1. MynameIsIpod

MynameIsIpod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    HELP!!! My 2nd gen 8gb ipod touch jailbroken with spirit on 3.1.3 almost used for 1 year...WONT CHARGE PAST 20%!!!it died and then i tried charging it but it only got to 20 pecrcent and then wouldnt charge...i dont know what i did but i kept holding buttons down and it went to the connect to itunes screen but it looks wierd. i still see the dead battery at the top and it also showed that i got a facebook notification. also when i go to power it off the normal top dock comes up with wifi signal at left, lock in the middle, and the battery to the right...then itll eventually die on the connect to itunes screen and show this image http://www.pspmyspace.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/14/itouch_recharge.jpg

or that image with a plug and an arrow pinted to the lightning bolt... then ill try chagong it and ittl eventuall go back to connect to itunes..it wont even connect to itunes so i cant restore or anything...HELLP
  2. KISSArmyMax

KISSArmyMax Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    your battery is dead.
  3. Al Roker

Al Roker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Going into Recovery Mode couldn't hurt. Give it a try. Here's how to put your iPod into Recovery Mode:

1. Turn off ipod, hold the sleep button, until the slide appears, then slide to turn off.

2. Hold the home button.

3. While still holding home connect the ipod to the computer, the itunes icon should appear with a cable and arrow.

If that works you should be able to simply restore (but to iOS4).
  4. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should just restore to 4.0, then if that fixes everything then you could downgrade back. But it could most likely be hardware problems. You only had the device for a year right?
  5. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you've been using your ipod like crazy for the past year, the battery may have worn out.
  6. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yea, sounds like the battery needs to be replaced.
  7. Dandy Joe

Dandy Joe New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if you never turned your device off then the battery is probaly dead.
    If you used any thing that uses your battery very fast, remove it,
    Then it is probally the battery, if so, bye a 3g and dont get that app
    again. Also having brightnes up high can screw it up more.
  8. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thats just going to use the battery up fast not kill it, also alot of apps are high battery intensive (Safari for instance), it's just something unavoidable. Anyway the battery has something like 10,000 cycles before it dies, so may just be a waranty problem. Especialy if it is not yet a year old.

Best thing to do is to restore and send it for repair before your waranty runs out. It's either keep trying things that arn't going to work or just send it in and go a week or two without it.

When you get it back I would suggest reading one of the tutorials on battery care, that are on this forum if you haven't already.
  9. MynameIsIpod

MynameIsIpod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah i do use it alot because my desktop computer is horrible so i use it for you tube,facebook,and games. i has been dying alot lately yeah ive only had it for a year so im kindof dissapointed..i might just end up buying a brand new one because i dont want to get a battery replacement for like 80 bucks and have that not work...thanks for everyones help ill try recovery mode too

i havent had it for a year but i didnt buy it from apple...i bought it form walmart and i dont think my mom bought warranty but does it come with 1 year warranty???
  10. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yes apple provides a one year warranty from the purchase date.