Ipod Touch Crashing

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AllSystemGo, Dec 13, 2007.

1. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

Is it normal that my Jailbreak Ipod-Touch crash so often??? I did use the Boss Tool to switch the application and wallpaper to another area on the HD. But still sometimes I'm doing some stuff on the Ipod then it goes back to the summerboard, I go back in the application then it crashes again, go back then it brings me back to the slide to unlock... Then I'm OK for awhile.

Is there anything to do ??

I'm on FW 1.1.2

Cheers.

BTW I just love the touch!!! I had a Zune before and it's night and day right now.
  2. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

I'm unfamiliar with the "Boss Tool" but you can use SMBPrefs to display a background. Did this Tool you used have a dimming option? A few people have pinpointed the "dim wallpaper" option as the root cause of constant crashing. It asks for a little too much output from the processor to actively dim it.

My suggestion, revert back from the Boss Tool utility you used, install SMBPrefs and use only the "Wallpaper" option..and no more crashes. It's expected that some of these 3rd party apps will crash every once in a great while, but not more than once in a great while.

p.s. Going from Zune to iPod Touch...must feel like a breath of fresh air?
  3. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

You got that right!!! I'm finally breathing fresh air

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thxs for the info but what basically what the Boss Tool let you do is to change the location of the Application Folder on your Touch and create the link to it so you don't have the same Application limitation. I do have the SMB tool installed. I'll remove the DIM Background as you suggested and let you guys know of the outcome!!

Thank you again.
  4. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

No problem.. i hope that will help fix your problem.

I wound up doing the Applications folder move via the terminal.. there is a writeup on here somewhere and i'll link if i can find it. If you use Cyberduck (are you on a mac?), you should check the permissions..i believe all of them should be "755" I know this caused some app crashes and inability to boot them.
  5. Ipodtouchftw

Ipodtouchftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you are using Summerboard, then turn "Dim wallpaper" to OFF. Worked for me and i had the same problem before.
  6. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

Yep I'm pretty sure it foxed my problem too!!! Thank you very much guys!!

Have a great holiday!
  7. quickenergy

quickenergy New Member

iPOD Touch Crashing while installing new Apps thru Installer

Not sure whats happening but my touch crashes while trying to install any applications using Installer. I'm on v1.1.2. It just started happening was working fine before. Please Help!