Ipod Touch crashed

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Mole67, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Mole67

Mole67 New Member

Help

Ipod touch crashed last night & just keeps flashing on & off with the apple icon. Tried draining the battery, tried connecting to itunes, but it isn't picking up the device. Is there any other way to restore?
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Put it into DFU mode. If you don't know what that is, look up one of the DFU guides on this site.
  3. deleted_account2

deleted_account2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try recovery mode.

plug your ipod into your computer (would be useful to know if you use windows or mac)

hold sleep/power button for 3 seconds

without releasing the sleep/power button, press and hold the home button for 10 seconds

still holding the home button, release the sleep/power button and hold home for 25 seconds.

itunes will say it has detected a device in recovery mode, and that it needs a restore.

you can either download a new firmware from apple's server, or load your own custom one by clicking restore while holding windows+alt buttons, it will prompt you to locate the firmware. once selected click open.

either way, your itunes should show progress (with the loading bar, changing text, etc.)

if you have any trouble restoring let me know.
    let me know how that goes.
    alexanderkraig
  4. Mole67

Mole67 New Member

thanks

Hi

I've done all that & it came up saying that it couldn't restore. My ipod is showing pic of USB cable under an arrow under itunes icon & the help on itunes is telling me to do various things.
    I'm operating on windows.

------------------double post merged------------------
    Am trying as recommended by itunes to install updates to my itunes on the computer, see if that works so that I can try restore again. Thanks, will let you know progress
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you see the USB cable and iTunes icon screen, then you are in recovery mode, not DFU mode. Make sure to get it in DFU mode. When you have done it right, iTunes will say it has found an iPod in recovery mode and your iPod's screen will be all black.
  6. deleted_account2

deleted_account2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    interesting. keep me posted
  7. Mole67

Mole67 New Member

neither thing working. Have updated itunes on computer & whilst it now recognises there is a device attached & I go to restore it says "The ipod could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build". then once I tried restore again it said there was an error detected, number 1611, which I can't find on their support site!

Still showing the itunes icon & pic of usb cord on the ipod.

anymore ideas. I did do the DFU thing - I think!