Ipod Touch Crashed Help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by digital401, Feb 3, 2008.

1. digital401

digital401 New Member

Okay i don't know what i did but i was dling some apps off of installer and it gave these weird themes might be unstable msgs and didn't install them. i then shut off my ipod and then turned it back on again and the apple logo went on for a good 20-25 seconds and then white and black lines showed up and kept flashing the apple logo. after about 20 seconds of that my screen appears but i cant touch any of my applications. i then tried the sun wheel thing in the bottom right hand corner which works and i went to an application and it would freeze up for like 20 seconds and then go to it it would work for about 5 seconds then freeze up again and then send me back to my home screen and there is a repeated msg that pops up, the one that u get when u install the 1.1.3 apps saying u can hold them and move them with the dismiss option. the weird thing is i itunes doesn't recognize it when i plug it in and i only have limited battery life left. cuteftp works but i cant seem to fix it that way:S also the hard restore doesn't work at all. i don't know what to do somebody please help me i need it bad.
  2. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

try to get it restore and let it run out of batery then go to the apple store and tell them everything beside that u hacked and make up a lie if they cant fix it they will give u a new one that is wat i did 2day and i got my new ipod touch
  3. digital401

digital401 New Member

so after i let the battery run out i would just call apple and tell them that my ipod touch isnt working and tell them everything then i would have to like ship it to them and if they can fix it they would just mail me back a new one for free:S?
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

NO!!!!
    If they charge it at all they will know it is broken.
    Force Restore. You have to.
    1. Make sure your ipod is on and at the Main Menu.
    2. Plug your iPod Touch into your computer.
    3. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button.
    3. Count to 10 and then release the sleep/wake button but contiune to hold the home button.
    4. In few seconds you will see the iPod show up in iTunes(note: The screen of the iPod should be Black, If its showing the connect to iTunes image you held the power button for too long).
    7. Now just click the restore button and wait(Note: If you would like to go to an older firmware when you restore hold Shift while clicking restore and locate the firmware file.)
  5. digital401

digital401 New Member

i knew how to do a force restore the only problem is when i try that it still doesnt get recognized by itunes so basically there is nothing that i can do? and i really need this ipod lol.
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Try force restoring following that exact process about 10 times.
    Many people have said that it won't work, when it ended up doing that.
    If not, I would send it into apple, you really have nothing to lose if you can't get it working after 10-20 times of force restoring.
  7. digital401

digital401 New Member

thankyou for all of ur help just for a follow up a lukily connected to cuteftp and erased all 3rd party applications and then i tried the force restore after they were uninstalled and everything is working back to normal thanks