iOS 3.1 ipod touch crashed and cant restore

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by penfold1992, Aug 27, 2010.

1. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    using 3.1.2 ipod touch 3rd gen with jailbreak blackra1n 8g and i have a issue...

what happened:
    i started my music up and went to play some a7x and then i plugged it into a ipod dock that previously has worked with my ipod before

then the screen went blank because i pressed the lock button and i tried to double tap the home button to open the mini music menu so i could play but nothing happened... i remove the ipod from the dock and then the ipod was totally non-responsive. i pressed the home button the volume buttons and the power button but nothing worked. anyway i managed somehow to switch it back on and because its a teathered jailbreak i reconnected it to the pc and tried to jailbreak.

now i get the screen with the guys portrait on it and i get the message saying it will be jailbroken on reboot but the only thing that happens after this is the little white timer icon comes up and stops on the screen (with the guys portrait on it).

i reconnect and retry but it comes to the same thing over and over.

i dont want to restore it via itunes as i dont have all my music on the laptop at the moment (as well as things like my apps and stuff)

Please Register or Log in to view images

please helps!
  2. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    try to boot tethered using redsn0w and then jailbreak using jailbreakme.com
  3. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    quick update, the ISPW shall i just use the backup one that itunes created? for redsn0w i mean...

ive tried to use blackra1n again and it got me to safemode but when i restart springboard to try to return to normal mode it crashes again... im not sure how i can check out whats going wrong or what the problem is... im afraid i cant really give anymore information because i dont know what the issue is to be honest.

EDIT: one other note is that the ipod seems to have been loosing battery very quick recently... does anyone think this may be a issue with the ipod and not the jailbreak?
  4. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Jailbreak does not lower the battery life. Just remove some tweaks in safe mode
  5. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i realise that ive had jailbreak for about a year now what i ment is maybe it is the ipod and nothing to do with the jailbreak... just trying a few more things now and will see if there is any more info i can give
  6. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DFU, then reboot?