Ipod touch cracked screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by venkyjp, Apr 15, 2008.

1. venkyjp

venkyjp New Member

Hi,

I own an ipod touch 16 GB that I bought from Singapore as its cheaper there compared to prices in India. About 2 months old. I dropped it on my driveway and the screen is cracked and looks like there are spiderwebs over the screen. I called up a couple of showrooms in India and they don't deal with such service requests apparently..

The ipod in itself seems to be working fine.. Touch screen is working, songs are playing..

I called up a service center as well and they said they cannot replace broken screens.. Having read similar threads I presume that unless I can come up with something that proves that the screen broke on its own due to some manufacturing defect I will not get a replacement..

Can someone please suggest a nice story that proves that the screen cracked on its own due to some manufacturing defect? I really dont think I can inflict damage on the ipod my screwing up the dock connector with a knife or sth..
  2. hy565

hy565 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    you could try bricking it by deleting critical system files via SSH..or short circuiting it.

Apple will still have to honour the warranty for your iPod since it is not functioning properly and cracking the screen does not void your warranty.

BUT..it is possible that apple would think that you have bricked your ipod in the process of dropping it and getting the cracked screen in the progress and you will end up with a cracked and bricked iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    why dont you just delete some critical files, then short it, then just say you dropped it when you picked it up because it was boiling hot?
  4. venkyjp

venkyjp New Member

Thanks guys but I really don't think I can inflict so much damage on my ipod.. Cant bring myself to do that.. I have to come up with some crap like i charged in for a few hours and noticed that the ipod was heating up and screwing up the display and probably after i removed it, the screen cracked.. I dont think they are gonna buy it but i cant come up with anything else..

Worst comes to worse, I may have to go a 3rd party dude and get it fixed.. Breaks my warranty though..